TalkShow allows you to initiate or receive calls from any video-enabled desktop, laptop, mobile device, conference room, Internet TV or game console running Skype software.
You can operate all aspects of a live Skype video call in the control room like any other video source, work without annoying distractions such as secondary call notifications and advertisements.
If the guest's Internet connection is slow, the audio stream is prioritized. If bandwidth is really poor, TalkShow displays a high-quality still image of the guest on the output. This makes for a much cleaner production and avoids distractions that come with random color bars or macro-blocking.
- Access to 300 million monthly connected Skype users
- Anyone using the Skype client on any supported device can be your guest.
- Broadcast-style video from regular Skype calls
- TalkShow features automatic aspect ratio conversions and balanced audio, without requiring a scan converter.
- Eliminate on-screen disruption
- Unlike consumer calling software, technical management is handled separately from face-to-face conversation, eliminating pop-ups, advertisements, and notifications.
- 1RU rackmount device
- TalkShow is a studio-grade production source that sends HD-SDI call audio and video to and from any production switcher.
- Professional video production tools
- Proc-amp controls and automatic color correction adjust image attributes for any lighting environment and enable in-studio operator to enhance imperfect video calls with far higher quality.
- Audio quality enhancement
- With SDI-embedded audio, compressor/limiter, and onboard graphic equalizer that keep call volumes at consistent levels and prevent audio clipping.
- Built-in video quality checks
- Instant replacement of low-quality video with a custom, still image when unforeseen bandwidth constraints occur below operator-defined preset value.
- Tally notification of video calls
- Allows operators to see when TalkShow Skype feeds are currently live in a program.
|In Stock! Place your order now!
Frequently Asked Questions
about TalkShow VS-100
Q1. Is NewTek TalkShow hardware or software?
A1. It's a 1RU hardware unit. No software to install. It will output via HD-SDI to any production switcher. It also has the option to output via the network to a TriCaster.
Q2. Does the remote guest need special hardware?
A2. No! Anyone with the standard (free) Skype desktop or smart phone software can connect to NewTek TalkShow VS-100. Further, TalkShow allows you to initiate or receive calls from any video-enabled desktop, laptop, mobile device, conference room, Internet TV or game console running Skype software.
Q3. Does NewTek TalkShow support tally?
A3. Yes! This allows opertors to see when TalkShow Skype feeds are currently live in a program.
Q4. What about audio?
A4. TalkShow offers built-in compressor/limiter tools, including an onboard graphic equalizer. This helps keep audio levels consistent and avoids audio clipping.
Q5. What if the remote guest has a slow or unpredictable Internet connection?
A5. This is one place where TalkShow really shines. First, audio quality is prioitized over video. In these situations, rather than color bars or macro-blocking on the video, if the connection loses throughput, a quality still image of the person is displayed on the output. This makes for a much cleaner production and avoids distractions that come with random color bars or macro-blocking.
Q6. I need more than one guest. Can I use multiple units for multiple remote guests?
A6. Yes! You can add multiple TalkShow units, yet still manage them in a single, user-friendly interface that provides previews, continuous call quality monitoring, and contact management.
Q7. I have a Ross Carbonite switcher. Is TalkShow compatible?
A7. Yes! Using the HD-SDI I/O, you can connect TalkShow to any professional video switcher. If your existing equipment has HD-SDI connections, TalkShow is compatible. Sony, Blackmagic Design, Panasonic, and Broadcast Pix switchers are all compatible with TalkShow VS-100.
Q8. Why not use the scan converter we have been using?
A8. There are several reasons. One of the excellent features is the ability to route the program or host camera shot to the remote guest. Call management is also streamlined, including balanced audio, without cobbling together an unreliable solution.
Q9. Will the return video consume bandwidth needed for the incoming video stream?
A9. No. NewTek's proprietary, real-time video processing engine incorporates superb scaling, format conversion, aspect, and color correction routines. Additionally, it will limit return video resolution to prioritize quality of incoming call video.
Q10. What is the level of video quality?
A10. Video quality will always be limited by bandwidth from the remote guest. However, TalkShow provides options to manage unexpected bandwidth issues below an operator-defined value.
Q11. What is the purpose of the small LCD on the front of TalkShow?
A11. The front panel display has a preview of the Skype video calls, VU metering, caller, time, status, tally notification, and more.
|In Stock! Place your order now!